Registration is Now Open for the 2010 Consumer Expenditure Survey (CE) Microdata Users’ Workshop!
Join fellow CE microdata users at this year’s 3-day workshop for a series of informative & practical sessions geared to all levels of expertise.
The Workshop is free to all participants.
Sessions designed for the novice user include:
- Basic info about the CE program and data
- Content and organization of microdata files
- Creation of data sets within and across files
- Topcoding and other confidentiality measures
Sessions designed for the more experienced user include:
- Derivation and use of weights for estimation of means and variances
- Using the multiply-imputed income variables properly
- Treating interviews independently vs. linking them across quarters
- How sales taxes are applied to reported expenditures
- Topics suggested by you, the experienced user
Sessions highlighting uses of the data:
- Research presentations by users in academia, government and private industry
- Papers demonstrating uses of both Interview and Diary survey data
Sessions covering special topics such as:
- Tips on publishing your research in the Monthly Labor Review
- “Sneak peek” at future developments in the CE
Sessions devoted to hands-on use of CE microdata
- Projects typifying basic uses of the microdata will be taken up first
- Progressively more complex projects will be addressed in later sessions
AND new this year: Individual appointments with internal experts
- Sign up to meet one-on-one with a CE staff member to answer questions about your project
You will also be able to find the registration form on the CE website at http://www.bls.gov/cex/csxannualworkshop.htm on or about June 9th.
For more information, please contact us by email at CE_Workshop_2010@bls.gov or by phone at (202) 691-6900.